L.W. Coffee, in 1932, was
coaxed by Cabot Yerxa to move in to develop and sell land.
July 12, 1941, L.W. Coffee claimed to be the originator,
founder, and developer of Desert Hot Springs.
Take a look at these old
"visionary sketches" of what would become "Spa City"
(click images download a searchable PDF file)
During the 1950s to 1960s the
city had over 40 "spa-tels" as they were called then.
Here are some interesting postcards of that era (click to